- The scientific name of Ornate Horned Frog are Ceatophrys cornuta, C. ornata, C. calcarata and C. aurita.
- Pacman frogs are easy to care for. They can be a good pet choice as they are quite attractive and interesting.
- However, people who like to have interactive pets may get bored of having Pacman frogs.
- Considering these frogs can live for 10 years, getting one of these frogs amounts to a long-term commitment.
- They are found in Central & South America, Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil.
- Pacman frogs are terrestrial in nature.
- In fact, they are very poor swimmers, and care must be taken that they do not drown in their water bowls.
- Semi-dry hibernation.
- They come from a humid environment, so the substrate should be misted daily to help maintain humidity.
- In addition, a shallow bowl of water should be provided. The dish must be fairly shallow.
- Depending on how humid your tank is, the frog might spend much of its time in its water dish, so providing plants around the dish will help your frog feel secure.
- The water dish should also be in a warmer part of the cage.
- The temperature should be kept around 75°F-85°F (23°C-33°C) during the day, dropping to around 78°F (25°C) at night.
- During the rainy season.
- These frogs are quite large and can reach around 8 inches in length (20 cm), although males tend to be quite a bit smaller than females.
- They are generally about as wide as they are long, so they are quite hefty for a frog.
- Their appetite matches their size, and they will pretty much eat anything that moves.
- 15 years or more, 10 years in captivity.
- Crickets, worms, fishes, or mice.
- Room temperature is good for the frogs as long as they are wet.
- Pacman frogs, despite their large size, are not very active and do not need a large cage.
- A 10-gallon tank is fine for one of these frogs because they often try to eat cage mates. Hence they should be kept alone.
- A cage top is recommended even though they are not at huge risk of escaping. A cage top can always help regulate temperature and humidity.