- The scientific name of Veiled Chameleon is Chamaelo calyptratus.
- Veiled Chameleon is one of the best and most popular pet chameleons in the world.
- It is a gorgeous creature and great beginner chameleon.
- Veiled Chameleons are found in Yemen and Saudi Arabia.
- The mating age is from 5 – 6 months.
- Adults 14 – 20 inches for male, from 10 – 14 inches for female.
- Veiled Chameleons reach adult size in 1 year.
- Up to 10 years.
Veiled Chameleon Food and Feeding
- Various insects and worms.
- Please note that removal of all the remaining insects is essential as they (specially crickets) will harass the chameleon at night, resulting stress to the chameleon.
- Occasionally feed them with green leaves
- Arboreal, Solitary; Mountainous desert areas.
- A large water bowl should be placed for drinking and for humidity-control.
- It’s a best practice to put a pump inside the cage to make the water flowing as Veiled Chameleons usually cannot recognise still water.