- The scientific name of Red Foot Tortoise is Geochelone carbonaria.
- A very colorful tropical tortoise, easily available, very hardy that makes a wonderful pet.
- It is also known as Savanna Tortoise, Red-Legged or Red Footed.
- It’s found in Central and South American.
- Breed after 4 – 5 Years Old.
- 1 to 8 eggs per clutch.
- 4 months incubation.
- During rainy season.
- Up to 14 inches length for male.
- 12 inches length for female.
- Both male and female will reach this size in 15 years.
- Live up to 50 years or more.
- Grasses, flowers Various fruits (e.g. Plums, Peaches, Strawberries, Apples with skin, Starfruits, Papayas, Mangos, Tomatoes, etc), Carrots, Mushrooms, Beans, Peas, Veggies, & Dark Leafy Greens.
- Meat also can be fed, like high quality canned reptile, dog or cat food, Cooked Eggs, White Cheese, Low-Fat Meat.
- Terrestrial; tropical forests, dry grassland.
- Clean surrounding.
- Some people believe tortoise bring good luck to them. As a pet owner, take good care of your tortoise!